A skin boost – Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser (The Body Shop)
When it comes to my skin care I have always been simple, no seriously I have always used ‘Simple’ products. I have a strict skin care regime like most girls and the only time I stepped away from it, my face turned into that of a girl approaching puberty.
I can’t really complain about my skin complexion, it isn’t oily or scaly and I have never been spot prone. However I do suffer from very dull pale skin with very prominent heavy duty bags under my eyes that just don’t budge no matter how much sleep I have. Being told on a daily basis “Awwwwh you look tired Hun” was really starting, to well, tire me, so I went off on my mission to seek skin reincarnation.
I have never been one to shop in The Body Shop, but I decided to be all open minded and have a snoop. I was instantly attracted to their Vitamin C range which included the Glow Boosting Moisturiser, and after the sales assistant schmoozed around me and told me it was full of loads of lovely nice antioxidants I handed over £16 (stay with me)
TBS product description;
Say goodbye to grumpy, dull, fatigued looking skin with our Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser. This gel cream moisturiser helps:
Boost glow: Skin is clarified, revealing your natural healthy-looking glow
Energise: Fresh, lightweight formula fights signs of fatigue, with an invigorating fragrance
Hydrate: Infuses skin with juicy moisture
HALLELUJAH, LORD HAVE MERCY, MY SKIN IS ALIVE.
So this moisturiser is the actual shit, like the best I’ve ever had, and here is why
- Texture: it’s a lightweight gel that feels so cool and soothing when applied, and it absorbs fairly quickly
- Smell: It has this gorgeous citrus and orange smell, but the smell doesn’t linger once applied so it doesn’t feel like too much facial fragrance (cause that can dry the skin)
- Non irritating: Caused no breakouts, hurrah!
- Long lasting: I haven’t even had to consider buying a new pot yet
- Packaging: It’s pretty to look at
- Vitamin C: the key ingredient! It’s great at improving skin texture and tone and increases collagen productions.
After using this moisturiser for several months I have definitely noticed a difference, and not in the way that if I stare at my face long enough I just convince myself it’s worked. My skin feels brighter and it has really helped lift those ugly bags from under my eyes. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who needs some more sparkle in their skin.